Online shopping has gained popularity over the past few years. It does have a lot of benefits like convenience, easily accessible wherever you are located as long as you have an internet connection and you can do it from the comfort of your own home, in your pajamas – and this is just to name a few perks.
However, with this ease may also come with some disadvantages. For those people who have no control over their spending habits, it might just be their downfall to go into deeper debt. With just one click, you can keep on adding items to your cart and easily check out.
If you want to be smart about your purchases, save money while shopping online and stay within your budget, here are several ways you can save whenever you go online shopping every single time:
- Outsmart the dynamic price trap. Most of the online shoppers are not aware what this is but this one of the tricky strategies used by online retailers to show different prices to different people, depending on their location, demand of the product and even your spending patterns. Have you tried going on one site to check out a price of the item and then the next time you visit the price suddenly went up? This is an example of dynamic pricing. For you to get a less biased pricing, you can go incognito on your browser or you can clean your browsing history and clear cookies on your page.
- Use online deals and discount codes. This one of the best ways to not pay full retail price for the item you want to buy. You can also sign up and subscribe to the email list – a lot of site offer discounts exclusively for subscribers. You just might be the first few who can take advantage of this type of promo!
- Plan your purchases in turn for the next season. A lot of retailers mark down their prices when they are trying to get rid of old inventory to make room for new ones. For example, outdoor furniture is cheaper around fall, bikinis and swimsuits are affordable during the winter season. You don’t have to always buy the item right away once they are up on the site too – you can just wait it out a bit, put it on your wish list and watch out when the price will drop.
- Shop online and pick up the item at the store. If you want to save on shipping fees and you do see that the item you want to purchase is available at a store near you, then you can opt for this instead. Always double check with the item online if your local store has it. Sometimes the item is even on stock so you can pick it up on the same day you order it.
- Take advantage of reward programs. Most credit cards nowadays have reward programs every time you use it. There are online retailers who also provide loyalty rewards for regular customers. Look into those and sometimes, you can even combine both rewards to get a bigger discount.
These tips aren’t complicated and quite easy to remember. So on your next online shopping spree, keep these in mind and you can absolutely get good value for your money.
Do you have any other online shopping tips and tricks? Share them in the comments below!
Budget & Invest News
Join our mailing list to get the latest news from Budget & Invest.